Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Man, 101, to run London Marathon

If true this story is simply amazing. I say "if true" because I'm naturally skeptical.
Working plumber Buster Martin ran Sunday's Roding Valley half marathon in Essex in five hours 13 minutes, and is now focusing on London's 26-mile event.

On finishing the run, the first words of the ex-member of rock band The Zimmers were: "Where's my beer?"
A half marathon in over five hours equates to 11 hours for a full marathon and is barely a quick walk. Walking at all at that age is impressive, but I don't know if that qualifies as running.

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

He does look good for a 101 year old man

March 8, 2008 at 3:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats