Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Health Care Monstrosity and Fort Hood Shooting

No, I'm not tying the two stories together. Just acknowledging not having blogged on either subject over the weekend. Computer wiped out a couple attempts. The Fort Hood shooting happened Thursday evening and the initial reports (as often happens) were a mix of correct, incorrect and incomplete information. Unlike a daily newspaper (NYT), I'd rather be late to commenting on a story than rush to be wrong quickly. I remember my first few reactions to 9/11 as a caution to wait for more information. First thing I heard was a guy saying a plane hit the World Trade Center. I didn't think terrorism, but rather assumed a small plane malfunctioned (remembering Paine Stewart's accident a couple years earlier). Then I heard about the second plane and saw the burning buildings and came to the, thankfully incorrect, conclusion that the death toll could reach tens of thousands of people, maybe as many as fifty thousand. Obviously, I was wrong on both initial assumptions. Anyways, this post is just to say a post will be be written shortly on both the House vote to destroy our health care system and economy as well as the Fort Hood shooting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats