Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Best Governor in the Country



I'm sure there are issues on which I would disagree with Gov. Christie. However, I greatly admire his ability to speak directly and clearly to his constituents. Far too many politicians get mealy mouthed when discussing potentially touchy subjects out of fear of offending one voting block or another. Christie just comes out and calmly addresses the issues leaving no doubt where he stands and why.

Having said all that, I do think it is very premature to discuss the notion of Christie running for president in 2012. His style and positions on fiscal matters is sufficient to support him as governor. I want to know a lot more about him and his positions before I could vote for him for president. Don't just tell me that he would be better than the incumbent. That is setting the bar too low for that important position.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

We should have more politicians like him Dem or Rep it doesn't matter just speak plainly and tell the truth.

September 12, 2010 at 2:46 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, at this point a lot of people would make a better president than Barack Obama, so that isn't saying much.

Having said that I like Christie. He's not perfect, but he's strong on fiscal issues.

September 14, 2010 at 6:25 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats