Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Remarks of Senator Barack Obama: A More Perfect Union

Faced with growing criticism of his racist demagogue of a preacher, Sen. Barack Obama gave a speech today aimed at quelling the outcry and allowing his presidential campaign to get back on message. Here is a link to the text of the speech. I may be in the minority on the right, but I'd call the speech an unqualified success. Mind you, he hasn't convinced me to vote for him in the Fall. However, that wasn't his goal today. His goal was to effectively put this story in the background. Something Bill Clinton was especially skilled at was addressing something and then whenever it was raised again simply dismissing the question by saying something like "I've previously addressed that and now it is time to move on to getting the people's business done." Time will tell if I'm right or not, but I suspect this story won't have legs past the current news cycle. His opponent, Hillary Clinton needs this story to stay alive to demonstrate to the super-delegates that Obama is unelectable in the general election. Compounding her situation is any action to keep the story alive can't be traced directly back to her doorstep. This will be fun to watch.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

I know two people who voted for Obama and are now very remorseful.Funny what getting to know someone can do.

March 20, 2008 at 3:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats