Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Justice Denied

Not to be overly vindictive, but this is a ridiculously lenient sentence:
Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth today received a 30-day jail sentence after pleading guilty to DUI manslaughter in a Miami courtroom.

Stallworth was charged in the death of Mario Reyes, a pedestrian who was struck and killed by Stallworth's Bentley on March 14 in Miami Beach.
I don't care what the mitigating circumstances were, if you kill someone while driving drunk you should spend more than 30 days in prison. There is no doubt in my mind that this is another case of justice be perverted by the money in the defendant's deep pockets.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger StephanieMarie said...

You know I read this newspaper article the other day and I thought it was crazy. 30 days for killing someone? If it was anybody else it would have been a heavier sentence. I do not think his sentence was very fair.
Btw this is Stephanie, Dorothy's daughter.

June 21, 2009 at 5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats