Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rep. McHugh Nominated as Secretary of the Army

In the fifth month of his administration, President Obama got around to nominating an Army Secretary. The nominee is Rep. John McHugh a Republican congressman from upstate New York. Before people jump to the conclusion that this move is partly motivated to open up a congressional seat I'll declare that had nothing to do with it. McHugh's district is a fairly conservative part of New York which should stay in Republican hands. More likely, Obama got tired of looking for a Democrat without tax cheating issues.

I don't know much about McHugh other than that he has served on the House Armed Services Committee for years. I wish him well in this important post. This president needs sound, sober advice and I hope McHugh is able to do so on defense related matters.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats