Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Monday, September 21, 2009

Dave Matthews May Be As Stupid As Jimmy Carter

I know it is stretching the imagination to consider that some putz musician could challenge the stupidity of the Worst Living Ex-President (TM). However, consider his comments made to CNN.
CNN: President Carter said he thinks that a lot of the animosity directed toward President Obama is race related.

Dave Matthews: Of course it is! I found there's a fairly blatant racism in America that's already there, and I don't think I noticed it when I lived here as a kid. But when I went back to South Africa, and then it's sort of thrust in your face, and then came back here -- I just see it everywhere. There's a good population of people in this country that are terrified of the president only because he's black, even if they don't say it. And I think a lot of them, behind closed doors, do say it.

Maybe I'm paranoid about it, but I don't think someone who disagreed as strongly as they do with Obama -- if it was Clinton -- would have stood up and screamed at him during his speech. (Shakes his head) I don't think so.
Maybe you're paranoid? Maybe??? I realize we shouldn't take seriously anything said by some idiot entertainer, but did he completely miss the last 8 years? Morons in the House and Senate booed President Bush during State of the Union addresses. The Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid called Bush a liar and a loser. Ted Kennedy alleged Bush concocted the reasons for the war. Was all that ugliness against Bush just because he's white? No, of course not. Idiots like Carter and Matthews continue to set back race relations in this country and I have trouble accepting at face value that it isn't intentional.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger bob said...

I don't think they are smart enough to be doing anything intentionally.

September 22, 2009 at 1:41 AM

 
Blogger Norma said...

I guess people think Carter is stupid and ill-spoken and anti-Israel because they are racists.

September 22, 2009 at 2:44 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats