Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ted Kennedy

As I'm sure you're aware by now, Sen. Kennedy after suffering a seizure this past weekend has now been diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. I'm honest enough to admit that my first thoughts were not very charitable. However, after reflection I'm including him in my prayers. Based on news reports he could be in his final months if not weeks. I'm not praying for a medical miracle. In the short term that may seem important, however in the long term it is actually very unimportant. Rather I am praying he takes advantage of being given a warning that time is running out to reassess his life. Over the past several decades ago he abandoned the tenets of the Catholic Church for political expediency and to live a life solely devoted to personal self gratification. He has an opportunity now to realize his failings and address them in the confessional prior to facing final judgment. Each day many people die in car accidents or other ways with no advance warning to allow them to get their spiritual life in order. He has been given a precious gift and I hope he understands that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats