Keane observations about life, politics and sports.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Book Review Time - Stephen King Edition

I don't do a lot of book or movie reviews, but I'll make an exception for Stephen King. King has written dozens of best selling books, several of which have been made into blockbuster movies. If you have respect for our country and the men and women who serve in our military then I urge you not to buy his books. Why am I making this recommendation? Here are King's words to a group of high school students that caught my attention:
I don't want to sound like an ad, a public service ad on TV, but the fact is if you can read, you can walk into a job later on. If you don't, then you've got, the Army, Iraq, I don't know, something like that. It's, it's not as bright. So, that's my little commercial for that.
He must have been channeling John Kerry. Actually, I think this coupled with Kerry's previous nearly identical comments probably betrays the overall opinion that liberals have of our military. I'm not an advocate of reinstating the military draft, but I feel these kind of statements show how little connection the the very rich have to our military nowadays. In previously generations all families had a relative or two who served. Now, folks like King and Kerry are so isolated they assume only an idiot would volunteer.

Link with video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 

View My Stats